- So my twitter account seems to have been hacked, since I was suddenly following 1000 or so accounts.I painstakingly unfollowed, only to watch random people get followed before my eyes, without me doing anything. IDK how or why such a pointless hack exists, but whatever. My twitter account is now deactivated. I never used it anyway.
- Love this: Sam Storyteller's Rewriting Firefly
- Shutdown LK Hamilton - She's trolling us isn't she? It's like that Joaquin Phoenix/Casey Afleck stunt. It's going to turn out to be an elaborate performance piece. Deliberately destroying her writing. Picking up the pieces that are the most awful, rewriting them in particular. Cutting out anything good, writing more of the worst. She's actually honed it. It was a process. There was dross in amongst the good, then more dross and the good dropped to mediocre. And then it was awful amongst the bad and now it's ALL AWFUL. I think. I think I'm in awe. I think she might just be the Antichrist. Wow.
- Undoing Maleficent - So wait, giving depth and complexity to female characters is 'undoing' them? You'd rather have them remain beautiful cyphers? Their two dimensionality lending them... what? Better fap value? Because messy real people with ups and downs and good and bad don't fantasise so well? Ok, that's inflammatory of me, STILL THOUGH. I call bullshit. (Also, what trend? Wicked and this? Two movies? Srsly?) It's all well and good to call for 'new characters' but if the execs are going to greenlight new characs it's gonna be 'white male antiheroes' a la every single show on tv right now. Not 'complex female villains without an existing fanbase'. If we want interesting female characs on our screens, then we have to look for already famous ones, no one will take the risk on new ones because the entire industry is loaded against us. So, you know. Fuck off Mr internet writer guy.
- So I have Good Wife thoughts, looking back at the characters and how they've grown and looking at the different friendships, and looking at what chances they've missed along the way and which they've leapt on, and putting things in perspective and so on and so forth. but right now whenever I think about the show, it's either CAPSLOCK SCREAMING. or it's me curled up in the foetal position crying. SO. MAYBE LATER. WHEN I HAVE PUT MY HEART BACK TOGETHER.
( thoughts on finishing the game. )